Friday, November 2, 2012

Goodwill Roundup

It's that time of month where I reveal my Goodwill finds from the past month and you decide if an intervention is necessary.

The month, you might be surprised at the restraint I showed.

Remember when I mentioned I can pass up anything that is Tiffany Blue?  The same can be said of globes.  For $3.99, this globe needed to do little else to convince me to put it into my shopping cart and take it home.


One reason I showed some restraint this month was due to being preoccupied with Grace's preschool Fall Party.  Since I had goodie bags for her classmates, I thought I should also give something to her teachers.  If you ever need baskets, go to Goodwill.  I scored these 2 baskets for $3 and filled them with my father in-laws gourds.  Not a bad teacher's gift for a $3 investment, right?


For $3.99, I bought this monkey costume...


And turned it into a pig costume


I found this made in Italy chalkboard for .99 cents.  I think I might use it for a prop in pictures.


Did I mention if you need baskets to check out Goodwill?  I wanted a basket to store my blankets in and for $2.99, this was perfect.


I've been fairly reasonable so far, right?

Well, this is where you may need to step in.

For .99 cents, I bought this brand new sweet 6 month old outfit.  Of course, Grace will never be able to squeeze into it but it was too cute to pass up and did I mention, it was only a dollar?


I promise, for the rest of this post, my senses returned and I continued to make reasonable purchases.  

I added a few glass jars to my collection.  This jar was .99 cents.  For now, I put my extra lavender from my DIY lavender sachets inside.


The glass jar with the lid below was also .99 cents.  I filled it with a succulent and added it to my greenhouse window.


I guess, the key, for me, in showing thrift shopping restraint is to plan more preschool parties and make more pig costumes.

Until next month, happy thrifting.

19 comments:

  1. Yup. It's official. When we finally meet we are SO going thrifting. (And I do the same thing with the baby clothes. For awhile I used my niece as an excuse. Now she's too big, though, so someone needs to have another kid. And by someone, I do not mean me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your finds, Amy! I think you inspired me to go to Goodwill today on my lunch hour...yet again. :) Enjoy your weekend. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are stocked up for a baby girl shower! When I find good deals on new things, I buy them for birthday gifts, showers, etc! You can easily turn them into themed gifts! I LOVE your glass jars and succulents. I may have to start them in my office until I have a proper house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice finds! the dress can be easily turned into a girl's skirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you showed great restraint. Great finds. Love the glass jars!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how cheap that globe was!!!!!!!! LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Globes! I keep buying them. The original plan was to sell them in my Etsy vintage shop, but I have five now, and I think the new plan is to find some way to hang them from the ceiling. They take up too much space otherwise.

    I love your finds. I love your greenhouse window, too, and I think that jar makes a fantastic terrarium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I don't think you need an intervention, I think you need me to come with you so you can help me find the good stuff. Except maybe the 6 mo. old outfit.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some good finds!!! Mad props on transforming that thrifted costume, you did an AMAZING job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome finds, the blanket basket - oh so jealous, went buy one the other day and at $40 I walked away. As for the little outfit, you could try for another baby and hope its a girl?? Or put it in a doll. I know which one I'd pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy... you are too cute! You gathered quite a few items for little bucks... so I guess you can be let off the hook;) I love the gourd basket idea as a teacher gift... I'm sure the teachers loved them too! The only thing I have to question is the baby dress... what are you going to do with that one?! Do you have someone you can give it to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So.... am I supposed to ask if there is a need for little girls clothing in the expected future..... just asking :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I'm not so good at picking up subtle hints, so if I am supposed to read between the lines, you'll have to just tell me. Although it's a an awesome find either way)

      Delete
  13. luv it!! i do the same - jeff has told me NO MORE baby clothes until we get kiddos - the drawers are full already but for $1 i'd have gotten it and hid it for a while :) i got an amazing wicker sofa and side table for $56 last wednesday - i was so excited i wouldn't buy it until the coveted 30% (yes we have an el cheapo GW most do 50% off) coupon. now i jsut have to wait for joanns to put the duck cloth on sale to make cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like fun finds! And mabye Grace is needing a baby sister to wear that dress? :) And just for the record I've bought cute clothes too small for my kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post....and those deals you found at the Thrift Store. I'm still so impressed thinking about the pig transformation...genius!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...